Soft campsite cooler with UV protection! The Solar Bear camping/RV Cooler has a rugged nylon outer-shell and 1″ thick closed cell foam insulation.
2019 UPGRADES: TPU Double Coated Nylon Interior Liner & YKK Side Release Buckles
The Solar Bear is built for long days in the sun!
While Solar Bear houses all the same high performance insulation as our Nylon Soft Coolers, the exterior shell has an innovative UV-Protectant PU coating (the same coating can be found on our Eclipse coolers). This coating keeps the exterior of the cooler from getting hot in the sun. If you are expecting prolonged sun exposure, the Solar Bear is your cooler!
• 1000 Denier Luggage Grade PU Coated Nylon Outer Shell
• One Inch Thick HIGH DENSITY foam insulation
• Leak Proof / Sweat Proof FDA Food Grade Liner
• Heavy Duty #10 YKK Weatherized Zipper Patent Pending Sew Design
• Quality hardware and shoulder strap adjustments
• Side zipper pocket
• 4 tie downs (2 on each side)
• Heavy-duty nylon bottom saddle
• Pack your cooler with as much ice as possible. Air inside the cooler will cause ice to melt more rapidly. Use a 3 to 1 ice to product ratio.
• Make sure the items you pack in your cooler are cold from the start.
• Make sure you use the side buckles when your cooler is not open. Using the buckles creates a seal in the insulation and will ensure your goods stay cold for as long as possible.
• When possible, keep the ice in a bag together on top of the products in the cooler. Cold air descends, loose ice melts faster.
• When you first put ice in your cooler, the cooler will cool from room temp and join the temp of the ice. This means the ice is working extra hard in the beginning. If you are traveling and refilling your cooler as you go, you can expect better results the next time you add ice. The Polar Bear cooler is designed to get cold and stay cold. Once it’s cold, it will keep colder longer.
• Limit air exposure (opening and closing) your cooler when possible.
Size 10″ x 18″ x 12″, Weighs 5 pounds
Holds 24-12 oz cans and 10 lbs of ice